WHAT THE HELL?

Click "Follow" on the task bar, upper left corner of this page, to be my new. best. friend.

RUNNING HAS KNOCKED ME OFF MY FEET AND ONTO MY HEAD, SHOULDERS, KNEES AND TOES. I continue to bruise my body because it has fixed my ego. And cuz I like to eat: crab cakes, funnel cakes, birthday cakes, cake batter, cake icing, anything preceded by "cina" or followed by "bon", sour fizzy gummy Coke bottles, and pumpkin pies (I left in the 'S' for plurality).


















My Followers

LEGENDARY

LEGENDARY
with Kathrine Switzer, first woman to run Boston, 1974 winner of New York and paver of the way to the women's Marathon event in the Olympics

SUNSET "CLASSIC"

SUNSET "CLASSIC"
meeting Bill Rodgers, cancer survivor and 4X winner of Boston and New York City marathons

1.17.2010

Ahhhemmm!!!

It's not a secret that I cough to mask my farts. It's my way of keeping as many eyes off me as possible (being invisible would have come in handy the time I accepted that hose-down wearing only a cheap sports bra).

But what about the times I want presence known, like if I'm coming upon a person or, in this example from my latest 4-miler, what looked like a maltipoo whose leash seemed to go on for 5K? I needed his owner to know I was coming -- she's got to get a handle on this dog or I'm going down.

"I could cough", I thought, but learned that people just think you're coughing and do absolutely nothing, especially women. I have found that we don't yield to eachother -- that's a guy thing. Tell me I'm wrong. You haven't noticed that? A woman is NOT going to walk on the little strip of grass so you can enjoy the entire girth of the sidewalk. Men do that. So, immediately, I knew even if I had a stroke while throwing up and yelling "fire" after getting shot and stabbed, statistically, she wasn't gonna' flinch. I needed her to know I was coming in time for her to make that dog heel.

So, I did what any runner under the delusion that they're experienced would -- I said, "Excuse me" as I passed her and my nightmare played out in a way that made me wish I'd done those drills and exercises that stengthen your core muscles: I had to swerve around the dog attached to the leash then went on for days, held by the woman who remained partially asleep the entire time.

WANTED: a workout whose success I can define in terms of how many calories were burned, how much conditioning was achieved, or how it improved my outlook, not whether or not I got run-over, knocked-unconscious or bitten.

No comments:


strategy to placing: be one of the only ones there.