WHAT THE HELL?

Click "Follow" on the task bar, upper left corner of this page, to be my new. best. friend.

RUNNING HAS KNOCKED ME OFF MY FEET AND ONTO MY HEAD, SHOULDERS, KNEES AND TOES. I continue to bruise my body because it has fixed my ego. And cuz I like to eat: crab cakes, funnel cakes, birthday cakes, cake batter, cake icing, anything preceded by "cina" or followed by "bon", sour fizzy gummy Coke bottles, and pumpkin pies (I left in the 'S' for plurality).


















My Followers

LEGENDARY

LEGENDARY
with Kathrine Switzer, first woman to run Boston, 1974 winner of New York and paver of the way to the women's Marathon event in the Olympics

SUNSET "CLASSIC"

SUNSET "CLASSIC"
meeting Bill Rodgers, cancer survivor and 4X winner of Boston and New York City marathons

8.16.2011

Just Say "Gno"

Want to know why I don't take walk breaks?  It's not because it's ineffective -- it's quite effective, 'makes one's running even better, in fact.  I'd say it had something to do with pride, as in not wanting anyone to think I'm out for a walk but I'm over that one.  The reason I don't walk is gnats.  If you don't believe me go out and walk.  Then try and tell me I'm wrong with your mouth full of gnats.  Gnat Mouth!

During a well-deserved break at the top of a hill, I...I...coasted, I paused, shall we say, cruised for a moment, if you will.  They were in my eyes, noes and mouth in instant.  The only way I can describe what I did next is "crumping" (young folks: explain this to the older folks...): swat! duck! bend! arch! huh! a boom! boom! cat!

Then it dawned on me:  Run.  So I took off.  Of course, I had to verify if they were really gone, so I started walking again.  This did not go unnoticed by them so much.  I ran, walked, ran, walked, ran, walked.  This didn't look crazy at all to anyone who may have been about and therefore, see my previous dance moves.

I would never talk anyone out running -- it's great for your health.  Walking, on the other hand -- so hazardous!  Pleh!

No comments:


strategy to placing: be one of the only ones there.