WHAT THE HELL?

Click "Follow" on the task bar, upper left corner of this page, to be my new. best. friend.

RUNNING HAS KNOCKED ME OFF MY FEET AND ONTO MY HEAD, SHOULDERS, KNEES AND TOES. I continue to bruise my body because it has fixed my ego. And cuz I like to eat: crab cakes, funnel cakes, birthday cakes, cake batter, cake icing, anything preceded by "cina" or followed by "bon", sour fizzy gummy Coke bottles, and pumpkin pies (I left in the 'S' for plurality).


















My Followers

LEGENDARY

LEGENDARY
with Kathrine Switzer, first woman to run Boston, 1974 winner of New York and paver of the way to the women's Marathon event in the Olympics

SUNSET "CLASSIC"

SUNSET "CLASSIC"
meeting Bill Rodgers, cancer survivor and 4X winner of Boston and New York City marathons

10.04.2009

KARMA IS A 5K

Running has allowed me to make many dreams come true. Take the one where I'm in the bathroom and I miss the starting horn and have to chase every single person:  I can now cut it off the ambitions list and paste  onto the realities list. Having woken up with a cold, I knew I'd have to either take it easy or work thrice as hard as everyone else. Well! Make that 6 times as hard!

Despite having arrived one hour before the start of the race, I spent the first mile and a half hauling major tail just to pass, well, the bbbb...the bbbACK-OF-THE-PACKERS!

In the end, I added three minutes to my average time, four minutes off my PR and weeks of embarrassment to my calendar! All I could think of was:  a.) my husband saying to himself, "ha! wanna nag me about wet towels on the floor? let's see if you can nag your way past EVERYONE! and b.) the doctor I saw last week, after falling/hitting my head, telling me as he held my face in his hands, "NO. RUNNING. OUTSIDE. FOR TWO WEEKS."

Coincidence? Well then, coincidence is a bitch. Karma is a 5K. And I will see them both at the next rang...with quadruple-laced tennies!

No comments:


strategy to placing: be one of the only ones there.